Broadcasting Blog

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This week in capstone, our assignment was to research a past capstoner's blog, taking into account all of their goals and how they were working at reaching them. So, I was thinking about who I wanted to research, and only one name popped into my head: Pat Sandora. Pat was probably the reason that I made it as a broadcast major, because from the first time I met him, he took me under his wing and helped me better my skills and find direction. So, I thought, who better a person to research?

As I looked through his blog, I was very interested to see how he really strayed away from news and began to pursue entertainment. I could really relate to this because that is exactly the point I got to at the end of last semester. I was surprised how similar our ambitions are.

I was also extremely impressed with how organized his blog entries were, and it made me realize how beneficial a blog can be. Not only was he crazy busy with all he was doing, but then he successfully kept it organized into a blog. His ambition and drive has always impressed me, and now, looking back on his past blog entries, I realize he was even more of a go-getter than I had thought. I don't think he knows it, but he has been one of the people I have looked up to since I met him. If you check out his blog, you'll understand why.

The nicest thing about Pat's blog is that he still uses it. It is always nice to be able to read his latest posts and keep updated on what he is doing, as well as get advice for things I might want to pursue. Pat is currently working on the Dr. Keith Ablow show, and is doing well for himself. And, I have no doubt in my mind, that sooner or later we will see him on MTV. So congratulations Pat, and thanks for everything!

Until Next Time,
Kirstan :)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Liz Farry said…

    I love our obsession with pat. :)

    ps, please don't graduate.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said…

    The nice thing with the liberal arts approach to this field is it allows you to branch out or focus. You're not locked into one thing forever, but your equipped to specialize and rise above it all and become the boss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home