Broadcasting Blog

Sunday, September 17, 2006

and how do you feel about that?!

So this week we are supposed to check out the blogs of other people that our classmates had already looked at. I noticed that Stevi and Liz both looked at Pixel Wrangler's site, so I thought Id check it out too. In the most recent entry, it talks about filming and taking pictures of dead people and it got me thinking about my views on that. Although I do feel like showing even the most graphic of images is important in telling news honestly, I don't think it is something I care to do. Maybe that is why I do not want to do news in the future. Personally, I'm not into the whole "sensationalizing" thing. I don't feel like I could interview a mother who's son just died and say "So, how do you feel about that?" or "Can I take a picture of your son's dead body in that car that is wrapped around the tree?" It just isn't me, because if I were in those shoes, I wouldn't want anyone taking pictures of me for the whole world to see. But, I know that is how news works, and to make it fair and accurate, that is what needs to be done. So this is just another great example of why news just isn't for me. On the other hand, maybe someday you'll see me on the big screen getting eaten by a monster in a horror film, and then, it will be okay, you can take my picture :)

Until next time,
Kirstan :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home