Broadcasting Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2006

2016

So after capstone on Thursday, I really have a little bit of a better insight into life and the future. I had to laugh a little at the fact that some of the guys had names picked out for their children. It made me chuckle. It was really good to hear about what other people think they will be doing in 10 years, and nice to have to REALLY think about what my life might be like ten years from now. I could really relate to Stevi and Amy with the whole law school thing. I really would like to look into entertainment law because I feel it is something I would enjoy. Also, it was really awesome to hear that Aidan is interested in the entertainment business as well. I'm going to try to help set her up with some people I know from the industry.

Growing up, I had a lot of BIG dreams:
1. Be in the Olympics for soccer or softball.
2. Go to law school to be a litigator.
3. Be an actress.
4. Live in California.
5. Be the President of the United States.

Now obviously, the Olympics didn't quite happen. AND...I'm not so sure I really want to be the president anymore. As for the rest, it is almost scary to see them happening and on the right path. It is exciting, but you never really expect to see the things you dreamed about as a little kid start to come true. But hey, I guess dreams really can come true if you believe.

On a different note, I checked out the site trent.blogspot.com, just to check out someone elses blog about the industry. Since this one was all about celebrities, it was kinda interesting to read. However, I am surprised how many people are so interested in the personal lives of celebrities. I mean, I confess, I sometimes like to read the goofy "celeb news" magazines, but since I've moved to California, you see them everywhere. I've realized that they are just people who happen to have jobs in the public eye. So what's the big deal? I don't care about who they are dating or what their kids look like. Hopefully when I'm famous someday, I'll be able to avoid all the drama.

So, thanks to capstone, I have decided that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. And from what I heard from my fellow capstoners, I am pretty sure they can too :)

Until Next Time,
Kirstan :)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Liz Farry said…

    um, YEAH ya can! You can so do whatever you want Kirstan, I have no doubt. But I'm not gonna lie. If you decide to become a famous actress, I'm gonna have to know about your personal life by reading trashy magazines. Or maybe I can be in them with you!! "Kirstan Gides attends the Emmy's with college friend Liz Farry!" ooohhh yeah.

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said…

    Reflecting back on dreams and goals you once had is a great way to reflect on where you are now and where you can go...and writing it down is a great way to have a record to go back and check. I really hope you'll come back to this entry at the end of the semester and consider how you change in a few months.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home