Broadcasting Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wait a minute......I'm graduating?!?!

Today in capstone we looked over all of our credits and turned in our application for graduation. And as we did this, it hit me like a ton of bricks that in just under 3 months, I will be a Westminster College Alum. That's crazy. So, in the wake of this and the fact that I have ALWAYS loved quotes, I started to look up quotes about graduation. I found some really awesome ones that I thought I would share:

~"All our dreams can come true...if we have the courage to pursue them. " -Walt Disney

~"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

~"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." -Milton Berle

~"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it." -William Arthur Ward

~"My father always told me, 'Find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life.'" -Jim Fox

~"You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world." -Tom Brokaw

Those were some of the ones I really enjoyed or felt I could relate to, and I thought the one from Tom Brokaw was really appropriate considering who he is and what he does. However, my all-time favorite is this:


~"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles," 1992

I have always loved that quote, because so often people feel and fear that they won't succeed or won't be good enough. I think it is important to shine, and not be afraid to live up to what you know you can be and make your dreams come true. So I say go for your dreams, and accomplish them, and never be afraid of people being jealous or making them feel small. Every single one of us was given the ability to be someone and do something amazing. So dream it, find it, and believe in yourself, and you can achieve it.

Until next time,
Kirstan :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home