Broadcasting Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

Random

So this week we are allowed to blog about anything of our choice. As I was contemplating what in the world I could write about, I remembered an episode I saw on Oprah last week. The show was a series of clips from her road trip across America. It was very neat to watch someone of Oprah's stature living just a normal life, in addition to the impact she has on American people.

One of the most touching parts of the show was when she visited an Amish family. She was very respectful of their privacy, and they did agree to let her conduct an interview with a young couple. In the interview, they stressed how they like their privacy and live totally satisfied lives. This interview got me thinking about the recent Amish school shootings. I know it has been a little bit since them, but I have been heated about the media situation for quite a some time now.

I understand that most pictures that were published and such were taken with high-powered lenses from a distance, but when does the actual morality come into play. I do not feel that cameras needed to be taking pictures of the faces of the Amish while they are mourning the loss of their children. The Amish community hasn't had a tragedy like this before, and I feel (just from my experience going to college in an Amish town) that they would not have wanted to be photographed at all, let alone close-ups of them crying.

So, this got me thinking, and I am having some moral issues with the media. I wouldn't want cameras at my funeral.....would you?

Until Next Time,
Kirstan :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home