Broadcasting Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Some people I look up to...

This week for capstone we were given three choices of things to blog about. We could either talk about what we've done in broadcasting this week, discuss a topical news issue, or talk about a person of interest in the broadcasting field. So, I decided I would talk about not one, but two people in the entertainment field.
The first person I would like to discuss is Richard DeLancy who I interned with this summer. Mr. DeLancy is a talent agent/manager/casting director who I had the opportunity to work with this summer. From working with him, I got to see how all the "behind the scenes" stuff happens in the entertainment industry. He allowed me to get hand-on experience, with confirming auditions and submitting our talent for different roles. Working in his office gave me great experience and great insight into what I may want to do when I "grow up." Unfortunately, I'm "growing up" really fast.....like in two months!
The second person I would like to talk about is casting director Stephen Snyder. I met him when I was thirteen in an acting class he was teaching in Pittsburgh. From there we kept in contact, and I had the amazing opportunity to help him with the casting of the film "Out of the Black" in Pittsburgh. This summer, I took acting class with him, where I met many casting directors and a few directors. In addition to this, I got to help cast a Toby Keith music video that is now on CMT. Heather Locklear is the actress that was cast. All summer and pretty much since I met Mr. Snyder, he has taken me under his wing and is helping me get on the right path.
So I just wanted to take the time to thank both of them for the opportunities they have given me. Well, that's it for now.

Until Next Time,
Kirstan :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home