Broadcasting Blog

Friday, December 08, 2006

And yet another time that news heats me up

So tonight I became extremely angry AGAIN at local news. Since when did news become so much less than news, but more just a storytelling device that butts into people's personal affairs? In my hometown, two students were killed in car accidents in two separate crashes in the past two weeks. Now, being that I was concerned, I can honestly say that I was checking out Pittsburgh's news channels to get the scoop. Tonight, however, the news went too far and really disgusted me. On a particular station, a reporter and camera crew actually went INSIDE the church and filmed the girl's twin sister bawling while giving the eulogy. COME ON NOW. How personal do we really need to get? Why don't you just go into her home and film her crying before she goes to bed at night?!?! I mean, seriously. The tribute of the story was nice, but I felt that it was way more than I needed to see....and how heartless do you have to be to go into the funeral of somebody you don't know and shoot footage of the upset family and friends. I just think it went too far. I would link it on here to see what you think, but that would be sending you to the exact thing that I think is so wrong. Sorry about that, but I don't want to be hypocritical. Anyhow, sorry for the little venting session, but that really hit close to home. And like Ive said before, I wouldn't want cameras at my funeral....would you?

~Until Next Time~
Kirstan :)

R.I.P. Brett and Amy

2 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too many stations fail to THINK about taste and just chase the story. I like to consult the Dart Center as a resource for dealing with trauma victims.
    http://www.dartcenter.org

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When can you drop off your copy of your e-portfolio for me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home